Monday, March 31, 2008

Well, I am officially not an unemplyed bum anymore. My cousin needs some help with her flowershop, and I need some extra income, so we are a perfect match. I only work 11 am-4 pm, though, so still feel free to give me a call! I would love to see you or talk with you! Right now I am planning on getting up early and using my mornings to have a quiet time and work out...that hasn't worked out so well in the past, but I'm hoping it does now. I don't want to get lazy in my time off.

I made peanut butter cup brownies today for LG party tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going! Church was so good on Sunday. It was exactly the spiritual filling I'd been craving in Colorado. It made me think, though. I don't want to leave it again this summer. I prayed about my decision to return to the ranch and I believe it's the right one, but my heart is still going to be here with RVC. I want so much to spend time at RVC and with people there, learning from them and absorbing their knowledge and passion and heart. I still don't know what I'm going to do with my life after the ranch, but I do know that I want the things I was learning and growing in at RVC while I was there to be a key part of it.

I've also been thinking about overseas missions. I used to feel this laid on my heart really strongly, but now I'm not sure what part I'm supposed to play in it. I don't want to confuse what God is telling me with what I am in the habit of thinking and believing. So, if you read this and think of me, please pray with me that God will reveal His plan and will to me.

Yep, I think that's all the important things for now. Thanks so much, and love to you, my faithful readers!

3 comments:

Kim said...

We'll be praying and I hope that I get to try your PB cup brownies tonight...they sound delicious!

The Rock Star said...

I am excited to be seeing you later! :)

By the way, RVC now has a podcast online through iTunes! Go to the store and type in River Vineyard Church. ENJOY! :)

Aimee said...

"I don't want to confuse what God is telling me with what I am in the habit of thinking and believing."

Kelsey, thank you for this. I know exactly what you mean right now, and so I feel as though I know exactly how to pray for you. I'm praying some of the same things for myself!

The coolest part? We'll be able to TALK ABOUT IT very, very soon :) I am beyond excited to see you, and I'm looking forward to fellowship with you this summer. Hooray for ranch life!

Sending lots of love from Canada...