Monday, March 24, 2008

Update

Well, friends, I am now in San Francisco. I feel like a gypsy. In LA we did the Walk of Fame and the Chinese theater, where I discovered that I have bigger feet than John Wayne. We spent the next couple days in Malibu stalking Pernell Roberts. For those of you who have never heard of him, he's an actor who played Adam Cartwright on Bonanza and Trapper John MD, among other roles. He's Elisha's second favorite actor of all time--Bonanza is her favorite show ever and Adam is her hero. He is 79 years old now. So anyway...to make a long story short, we were driving down the Pacific Coast highway, and we saw him driving the other direction. We immediately pulled a U-turn and followed him home. He was still sitting in the seat of the van when we pulled up, and he was very nice and charming when we approached him. He signed a movie of Elisha's that had him in it and told a funny story about the lead, Randolph Stott. Then he let us take some pictures with him. I heard that in the past he wasn't always very accomodating to fans, but we figure at this point, he's probably glad to still have some, especially from our generation.

We then drove up to Santa Cruz, where we stayed with Elisha's friends. They have a family of 7 mostly grown children--the youngest is 16. They were really a great family and a lot of fun to hang out with. Elisha grew up in Aptos, so we spent some time visiting some of her old friends and hang-outs. Saturday we went to Monterey to see the aquarium and Cannery Row (yeah John Steinbeck!), and to Carmel for lunch. Carmel was such a rich, snobby little place. We also did the 17 Mile Drive along the coast--absolutely beautiful. On Saturday, we actually got in the ocean. It was FREEZING! I had also forgotten that the ocean was that powerful. Those waves were definitely stronger than me. I admit I wimped out soon, but we got to do some boogie boarding, and that was great. I would love to do it longer if it were warmer out and I were more confident in my swimming abilities. That night we had a bonfire on the beach. There was a fully moon and stars--it was heartachingly beautiful.

Today we went to church and drove up to San Francisco. We are staying with Anna in Berkley. Tomorrow we're going into town to see the sights. Catch y'all on the flip side!

1 comment:

The Rock Star said...

Fun times! :)

So, I totally thought you were scheduled to be home on the 25th. I suppose I was wrong...