Tuesday, March 11, 2008

On the Road Again!

As I write this, all my bags are packed and I'm getting ready to leave beautiful VVR for a few months. Elisha and I are taking the grand road trip home. Today we drive to Utah to stay with her friends near Vegas, then spend some time checking out their area (Mt. Zion National Park!). From there, on to Arizona, where we will view the Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde and, thanks to Elisha, Wayne Newton in concert. On to southern California--Malibu, LA, up the coast to Elisha's hometown of Watsonville, Monterey to see Cannery Row and John Steinbeck memorabilia, San Francisco to see Anna and the sights there, back to Nevada so Elisha can scope out a future sight for her ranch ;), staying with Anita in Nebraska, and then HOME! I really can't wait to be there. I'm sure the trip will bring many interesting blogs along the way!

4 comments:

The Rock Star said...

When do you expect to be back in Lafayette? :)

Ann said...

That's quite the road trip!

Kim said...

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing you when you come back though!

Kelsey said...

Jonell--I expect to be back sometime around the 25th, I think. Things are still somewhat undetermined. Honestly, though I am going to see a lot of things on this trip that I've always wanted to see, I am feeling pretty homesick and missing people in Lafayette, and every little bit farther west we go hurts a little. I can't wait until we're turned east and every mile brings me closer!