Monday, March 24, 2008

Things I have learned on this roadtrip:

- There are no service stations for about 70 miles after you cross into Utah
- Hoyt Axton CDs can be played over and over and not grow old
- The movie No Country For Old Men provides endless topics for discussion
- As does the TV show Bonanza
- Stalking people really works
- The desert can be beautiful
- Arizona is called the Grand Canyon State because there is truly nothing else in the state
- Road signs provide hours of entertainment
- The west coast is stunningly beautiful
- Warm weather is DELIGHTFUL after living with four feet of snow
- I love traveling, but I also love having an anchorage to return home to
- Sushi, when eaten by the coast in California and not in landlocked Indiana, is delicious
- Redwoods are beautiful trees
- Monterey is the town I would want to live in if I lived in California
- San Francisco is the town I would visit the most frequently if I lived in California
- There are too many people in California for me to ever really want to live there
- Cable cars make for the cutest San Francisco memoribilia
- Ghiridelli really is the best chocolate in the whole world
- Big cities make me feel claustrophobic if I stay too long
- I miss people at home A LOT!
- I am not as patient, loving, easygoing or slow to anger as I thought I was
- God is infinitely forgiving of this and the only One who gives me the grace to cope

Check Facebook for San Francisco pics--they say it better than I could here!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hurry home! I want to have this baby!