Thursday, November 1, 2007

NO KETCHUP?!

We had a minor crisis in the lunch room today when they ran out of ketchup. They served chicken nuggets, but no ketchup. Little hands kept shooting up, asking for ketchup packets, but all we had to offer them was honey packets. The kids were like, "Honey? On chicken?" I love this combo, but I guess it's not popular with the younger generation. They also ran out of milk, which seems absurd. What elementary school doesn't have milk? Actually, the last few kids in line were pretty happy because they got juice boxes instead.

I spent some good time hanging out with Kim today. We had a good talk about how God is working in our lives, and how encouraging we find Peter. He is so refreshingly realistic and human. Noah was pretty hilarious. He climbed up on the chair next to me while we were eating lunch and kept handing me and his mom the utensils we weren't using, as well as the salt-and-pepper packets and wet naps that came in the take-out bag. He has a little servant's heart. :)

I got an e-mail from Johanna last week end. She works at Vista Verde, a resort/ranch in Steamboat Springs, CO, and she asked if I would pray about coming out there to work for the winter season. Believe me, I've been praying about it. I keep tossing the pros and cons back and forth. The main points I keep coming back to: When else in my life can I just say, "I feel like moving to Colorado for a few months," and then pack up and do it? Probably not ever again. But then, I am only just starting to establish new relationships here and make a post-college niche. I'm not at a point where I have nothing to leave, but I'm also not at a point where things are so established and deep that I could slip right back into the groove upon return. Also, I would really miss life group and tiny group and Tony talking about Panama and co-landers on Sunday mornings. I would hate to leave the kids at work, but I would love to leave the politics and tension and people-pleasing of work.

So, that's that. If the Spirit moves you to pray for my decision, that would be awesome!

1 comment:

The Rock Star said...

Ketchup -- Ridiculous. I know some people (ie, not under the age of 10) use honey, but I never really got that. Funny story... My friend Heather used to collect ketchup packets from places and keep them in her book bag and coat. One day, she forgot about them and smashed them open in her coat pocket. There was much laughter.

Kim -- I am super glad you guys have been hanging out! She is one of my favorite people. And... Noah is a character.

Colorado -- Whatever happens... We will all be here with our arms open either welcoming you back from the excursion or welcoming you to stay. :)