Monday, November 12, 2007

"Waxin' Lyrical"

I gave notice at school today. I felt a moment of guilt at the look on my boss's face, but really, I had to restrain myself from leaping around her desk and singing at the top of my lungs, "I'm not coming ba-ack!"

I am so excited about working on the ranch. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I felt this happy. It's a deep, inner, settled, peaceful happiness. I feel like people should be able to see my heart glowing through my chest. When I got off the phone with my new employer, I ran laps around our dining room and then jumped up and down until I hurt my ankle and had to stop.

I enjoyed the rain today. Several rainy days in a row can be depressing, but we've had such a sunny streak that I enjoyed the soft gray of today. There's something comforting to me in shutting the door against the rain and coming into a dry, warm haven. I made soup and warm bread for dinner, and later I plan on curling up with a blanket and a glass of wine, secure against the rain streaming off the window panes.

I seem to be "waxin' lyrical" (should be read with a Scottish accent) tonight. I'll probably read this tomorrow and laugh at it.

The washing machine is making weird gurgling noises. I hope I don't have my own private rainstorm inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wax away, my dear! I'm loving it. Oh yeah, and I got this amazing (and very un-Kelsey) mental picture of you dancing around the office of your soon-to-be-ex-boss... :) So good.