Sunday, May 18, 2008

WOW!

I am back in Colorado, back at good old Vista Verde. Soon after we arrived, Dace pulled me aside and told me I'd be living in the Parlor, the new staff quarters that had been built during the off season. Sweet, I thought. Well, we got there, and I just about flipped out! The polite term of "rustic" that I used for the bunkhouse does not apply in any way! Best part--I am rooming with Teresa! We have our own bedroom with a bunkbed, our own bathroom, and we each have our very own closet! I don't know what to do with this much space! There are two more bedrooms, one with two girls and one with three, who share a suite-style bathroom. We definitely lucked out. Everything is new and beautiful. There's a kitchen! I can cook and bake! Downstairs in the basement is the common room with the TV, but it's all the way in the basement! There's yards of space and two doors we can close between us if we're trying to sleep. They also moved the fitness equipment to the basement. We have our very own home gym! I went to the bunkhouse to get some stuff that I stored there during the break, and I pitied those poor souls.

It's been fun to see everyone from last season. I still feel like I haven't met many new people, but that will come. Right now I'm going to shower and hit the sack and try to get used to this time change.

MY HOME IS AWESOME!

4 comments:

The Rock Star said...

Awesome! :) I hope that helps the time pass by quicker!

Ann said...

The new digs sound great! And rooming with someone you know, even better :)

Aimee said...

I was hoping you'd be in there... :) So glad! And I'm totally coming over to use your oven. Sorry I didn't see you tonight...somehow, I missed the memo and blanked on dinner. Oops. But I'll see you in the morning! And I'm right up the hill from you, RIGHT NOW! Hooray! (oh, and how did I NOT know that Mindy was coming?? I just found out yesterday!! So excited.)

Welcome back!

Kim said...

Glad you are settling in and your accommodations are better than last time. Take care!