Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Monday

I went to see Made of Honor tonight. It was pretty cute, but a little smarmy for my taste. Plus, one of the people I went to see it with was very loud. She was that person you always turn around and look at in hopes that they'll see your displeasure and dial it down. Except when everyone turned around, there I was next to her, and I got their looks too. I felt like I should take her to the hall for a time out. So that may have tainted my perspective of the movie, too.

I cleaned 300 roses today. Apparently when a holiday is coming up, the order from the wholesaler gets doubled. But I didn't seem to be doing it fast enough, because my cousin came back and started doing them for me and told me to go vacuum. I think we might need to work on our communication. I took that as, "You suck at this, I'll have to do it myself, go vacuum." My mom pointed out that she might have thought I didn't like it and was trying to save me the task. I also worked for her last summer, but since then I have learned a lot about stepping up, being confident and making my own decisions, customer service and just a whole boatload of stuff, but I think she still sees me as the person from last summer. We're not super close and we never talk about issues like that, so there's no reason she should know that I'm any different, but I wish she wouldn't assume that I can only handle really menial tasks. Oh well, I'm only here for two more weeks.

Happy Monday, everybody!

No comments: