Sunday, May 11, 2008

Right now I am frustrated because my car won't start. There's no good reason for this. This is my last time at RVC before I leave for Colorado, and I refuse to miss it. I am going to try my car again soon, and if it doesn't start, I will try calling people to see if anyone is going to the second service, even though I think almost everyone I have numbers for goes to 1st service. Grrrr!

This week has been really busy. The floral industry has been hoppin' for Mother's Day. The other girl who works there has also been out of town, so I've been learning a lot of new stuff like how to use the computers and how to "greens" a basket, which means sticking leaves of leatherleaf fern into a chunk of floral foam glued in a basket. Good times. Yesterday my cousin recruited our extended family to help her with all the Mother's Day craziness. My mom and I delivered together. It was fun to spend some time with her. Then, at 2 o'clock, my sister showed up to whisk me away to a surprise she had for me! She took me to Euphoria Spa downtown and we got pedicures! Getting pedicures is one of my favorite things, especially when I have a job that keeps me standing all day. It was sooo relaxing. Afterwards we went shopping to find shoes and jewelry to go with Shannon's new summer dress. We also hit the grocery store for supplies for the Mother's Day lunch we're making today. That should be fun, too.

Ok, time to try the car again!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Glad you made it--did you get your car to start, or did you find a ride? Hope the Mother's Day brunch turned out well!