Monday, May 12, 2008

Tired

Well, my car did start. I don't know what was going on with it. Before I got in the second time, I stopped for a second and said, "Jesus, please start this car!" And He did. So thanks, Jesus!

Wow, what a looong week/weekend! I had no idea about these big "floral holidays." Last night I fell asleep on my bed while I was watching TV, probably around 6:30. I woke up at 1 am and realized that I was still in my jeans and hadn't brushed my teeth. I pretty much hadn't moved. So I quickly changed and attended to my oral hygiene and went back to sleep until 6 am. And I'm still tired enough to feel ready for an early bedtime tonight. This is one of the things that lets me appreciate singleness. If I had three kids to look after, no way could I have fallen asleep that early and stayed asleep so long. I'm sure I'll miss it when kids come into the picture. Not that it won't be worth it. I am just going to enjoy my hours of uninterrupted sleep while I can.

I am starting to gear up for my departure this Sunday. Packing, sorting, last-minute errands and work. I definitely have mixed feelings about leaving this time. It was really hard being away from fellowship and being with people who were mostly younger than me and did not necessarily spur me on to love and good deeds. I definitely learned and grew a lot from being in that situation, but the time at home has been so refreshing and healing and growing in a different, less abrasive way. Right now I'm thinking that I'd like to move back to Lafayette after the season. I'll need to find somewhere to work and hopefully somewhere else to live...but I want to be here. I'm tired of all the back-and-forth and I'm ready to put down some roots. I'm ready to have a "real" job and pay rent and use all the stuff that I keep saving for "some day when I have my own place." I don't want to be away over the holidays again if I can help it. So, if anyone knows of any good places to live/work starting in September...ok, I know, still a long ways off.

No comments: