Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday

I might be absent from the blog for a few days. I am going to Fort Wayne to visit the brother tomorrow. I missed his birthday on my road trip, so I am taking him birthday brownies and his birthday present. Plus, I have never seen his place since he moved up there. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen my family. I'm not so used to this long-distance family thing. Anway, I should be back sometime Tues evening--hopefully in time for life group, but I am not sure.

I went to the video store and rented Psycho and The Sting this afternoon. Both great classic movies. I had never seen Psycho before. WOW. Outstanding acting, outstanding direction--unbelievably creepy. But it is definitely a work of art. There were moments when I got goosebumps because the filmography (is that even a word? I don't think so...) was so good. I'm watching The Sting now. Robert Redford and Paul Newman. Yes, please.

So...I have been thinking since church this morning. Thankfully, Tony's sermons have that effect on me. I haven't been thinking about the sermon per se, though...more about an old problem that the sermon reminded me of. Basically, I feel like God is prompting me to speak to someone, but I just feel too weird about it. "Hi...I know we've never really talked before, but I feel like God wants me to talk with you about the issues I have with leadership. Can we chat?" Feeling "weird" is not really a good reason not to obey God, but it's one that I have a seriously hard time overcoming.

As if this post isn't weird. I don't really know what I want to say sometimes. I guess I am just looking for reassurance, or someone to tell me to get off my butt and do it, or someone to say they've had a prophetic word from God for me. Somehow that would make it seem less "weird" to me. I think I should seriously try to make it home in time for LG, because evidently, I seriously need some prayer.

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

this post reminds me of things i have been thinking about lately. sometimes i think i ask people to validate my emotions (i.e. 'this happened, and now i want to do this. do you think that's okay?') or i want a straight-up sign from God to show that i'm making the right decisions. sometimes, those things are good. but other times, i wonder if it's just a fear of decisions on my part (since decisions close doors--and then you've made a decision and you can NEVER GO BACK--it's scary!) it's like i'm not willing to be responsible for my own decisions, or take authority of my own life. i don't know. life is weird, kelsey.