Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Biting the bullet

So, I have taken the bull by the horns. Bitten the bullet. Taken the plunge. Any other metaphorical cliches you care to use. Tonight at life group I received some good solid prayer, and of course, God brought it right back to where I really knew it was, but where I was afraid to let it go. Basically, I did something I should have done back in October. I will be happy to tell you more if you are interested, but it would make for a long and complicated blog. In a nutshell, I'm going to talk to someone that I should have already talked to.

Fort Wayne was fun! It was good to see the brother and spend some time catching up with him. He showed me around town and took me to dinner, and today we went hiking at Chain-o-Lakes state park, a place we went camping when we were really little but hadn't been since then. My shoe came off in the mud, and I had gaping holes in my socks, so my toes got completely mud-covered. Of course the brother laughed when I was hopping around in a mud puddle on one foot. I would have laughed at him, too. The highlight of my visit was definitely riding the 2-story caurosel in the mall! I rode an elephant on the top story. So fun! We rented Vertigo last night--I have been on an Alfred Hitchcock kick lately. I think he is pretty much amazing. I had a disturbing dream after watching Psycho, though. On Friday I saw a guy in Panera with the same haircut as the killer from No Country for Old Men, and in my dream, I had to bring him home with me. He asked me to bring him home, and I knew I couldn't refuse because he was a killer and there was no telling what he'd do if he didn't get his way. So he came home with me and spent the night lying next to me on my bed. He kept asking me what my family was doing and playing with his pocket knife. I knew I couldn't go to sleep because then he would get up and kill my family. However, I wasn't afraid in my dream--just aware. I knew somehow that if he tried to kill my family, I could easily stop him.

I am glad I made it home in time for life group, and glad that God doesn't give up on me even when I run the other direction with my fingers in my ears.

2 comments:

The Rock Star said...

WAY TO GO!! :)

Disturbing dream indeed. I actually grew up watching horror type films with my brother, and I have had my share of nightmares. I did, however, stop watching those movies a while ago for some reason and got into romantic comedies. Anyway...

Kim said...

I'm glad you got good prayer at Lifegroup. I hate scary movies because I always have nightmares afterwards...I'm with Jonelly on the romantic comedies. :-)