Wednesday, April 30, 2008

LONG day! But a good day. I got to hang out with Noah while Kim went to the dentist this morning. He is very active and talkative. Apparently he is into naming things and showed me my eyes, ears, nose, hair, etc, and then his own: "Noey's hair, Noey's mouth," etc. He also was into wearing my stuff--through the course of the morning, he wore my watch, my bracelet and my shoes. It was pretty darn cute, but I had to reclaim my bracelet when he tried to put it on Chester. :) After he got tired of my shoes, he put them back on my feet and walked around with the biggest-size plastic cups that fit inside each other (whatever you call those) on his feet, proudly pointing to them and saying, "Noey's shoes!" My favorite was when we were both sitting in the recliner watching Cars, and he turned around, stuck his tongue quickly in and out like a snake, then announced, "Tongue!" and laughed. His laugh is pretty stinking adorable. I got to hold little miss cutie Callie while Kim finished getting ready, too. I had her for about ten minutes, and she made good use of that window of time to throw up on my shirt. I didn't really mind, though--I came mentally prepared, and when I was wiping off her face, she almost smiled at me. She is going to have the cutest smile. When I was leaving, Kim told Noah to say thank you, and he said, "Thank you, Kels!" It pretty much made me melt.

It was a long day at the flower shop. With the amount of work that's available right now, I've been leaving generally around 1:30-2, so I haven't been working enough hours to take a lunch. Today happened to be one of the days that I actually needed to stay later. It also happened to be the day that I decided not to eat breakfast. I didn't get off until 4:30 and all I'd had was coffee. My metabolism wasn't going, so I wasn't so much hungry as cranky and shaky. The good thing about being that food-deprived is that whatever you eat next tastes AMAZING. I ran to Panera and grabbed a bite, and then to Exotic Thai where I met Kimberley, a family friend who does counseling, to ask her some questions about grad school.

It was really helpful talking with Kimberley. She has lots of practical experience and encouragement. The most encouraging thing she said was when I asked her if it was hard to spend all of her working days with maladjusted, angry, dysfunctional people. She said, "Honestly, I don't see them that way. I pray to see the beauty in them, and God always shows beauty. They are opportunities for Jesus to be born in them, and I get to be the midwife." That is so wonderful.

After that, I met my sister at the mall and we picked out a dress for her to wear to summer weddings and events. We found a beautiful red dress at the Limited. It looked so great on her. Sssmokin'! I love shopping, even if it's not for me.

I intend on writing a "deeper" post soon about the stuff God's been doing in my life. But right now, it's almost 11 and I need to go to bed. Have a great Thursday, everyone!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks so much for watching Noah Kels. He's a hoot now that he is talking. He doesn't shut up. :-)