Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yay!

I woke up this morning with killer cramps and the feeling that the very last thing I wanted to do was go to work, and the very first thing I wanted was to curl up on the couch. I was making breakfast when the phone rang. It was my cousin saying that she didn't really have anything for me to do today and I didn't need to come in. YAY! I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then curled up on the couch with season 3 of Friends for a couple hours. If only every day could be like that. Well, then I'd be broke, but still...

I got my hair cut today. I would like to take this opportunity to put in a plug for Samson and Delilah's Salon and Spa on Ferry St. They did an awesome job cutting and styling my hair, plus it is a very nice AND reasonably priced place with lots of complementary amenities. Before the girl cut my hair, she gave me a back massage, and while she was cutting it, one of the other girls gave me a mini hand treatment. They also offer you free beverages--I saw one customer with a glass of wine. They are all about creating an "experience" for you--they let you choose from four scents and use products that are all that scent--the shampoo and conditioner, massage oil, and hand lotion. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. :)

1 comment:

Ann said...

I am supremely jealous. I'm not sure when the last time I had a "stay at home" day, let alone one where I got my hair cut and got to chill on the couch for a couple of hours! Sounds like a great day!