Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm back!

Back in the land of the living! I feel like I've been somewhere else the past few days. They have been absolutely crazy.

I already posted about Charissa's grandma. Holly and Bekah were in Denver for a merchandise mart when the news came, which meant we didn't have Bekah's managerial stability or Holly's emotional comfort and support. Charissa is supposed to be second in command when Bekah's gone, but needless to say, she wasn't quite able to step up. I understand that losing a loved one is a really rough thing in life, but it doesn't mean that you can stop living. Anyway, Teresa and I were trying to manage, and I started feeling sick Saturday night. I could not imagine worse timing--Teresa was off and I knew Charissa was not stable enough to do anything by herself, and Bekah was still out of town. So I worked Saturday night and Sunday morning, but Teresa was back Sunday afternoon, so I took off. To make a long story short, I spent Sunday night throwing up and Monday lying on the couch, trying to recover. It was so miserable, though--people were always in and out of the bunkhouse and anything like peace or solitude (or sleep!) was impossible. Charissa's best friend flew in to visit, so that was added chaos house-wise, but really good for Charissa.

Anyhow, I was woken up at 7 this morning when people started getting ready for work, but I feel a lot better. I'm really tired, but I can function again. I have to go back to the chiropractor today, so I went into town a little early and had lunch (yay for eating!), and I'm writing this in a cute little coffee shop called the Steamin' Bean. My favorite coffee shop, Off the Beaten Path, is closed for a while for relocation. I'm really sad that they're relocating--their location was my favorite part of them! But the Steamin' Bean is good, too.

It's times like this that I feel like I can't stand communal living for another season. I am SO ready for my own place and my own kitchen and some respect for privacy. I think the summer will be better, though, because I will always have the option of going outside. I anticipate long hikes to journaling spots and prayer walks along the river, or even just sitting out on the porch. I CAN'T WAIT until the snow's gone. I am so ready for spring!!

Please pray that no one else will get sick and that I'll be able to sleep long and soundly tonight!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad you're feeling better. I bet CO is beautiful in the summer.