Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I went to the chiropractor today. It took me about 45 min to find the office because I got really confused by the fact that there's an E Victory Way and just plain Victory Way. I was almost an hour late for my appointment, but they were really nice when I said I came from Steamboat and squeezed me in. I was nervous because I don't like going to new doctors and/or male doctors, but he was very kind and gentle. I thought it sounded cool and athletic to have a skiing injury until he asked me to explain exactly what happened. "Well, there was this four-foot ledge, and I skied right off it and landed on my back." Neither cool nor athletic. It turns out my neck was sprained and I had a rib out of place, but he twisted me around like a pretzel and made a lot of popping noises, and even though I'm really sore now, I feel like things are back in the right place.

I got to see the lunar eclipse as I was driving home tonight. Good times. I did some shopping while I was in town, too, which was really great, except I fell into the black hole of spending money. But I got some new jeans and some "goin' to town" shirts, as Jess calls them. And some flip-flops to wear in California! I can't wait. Bring on the sunshine and sandals! And then HOME!

1 comment:

Kim said...

dislocated ribs are SOO painful! I had 2 when i was pregnant with Noah. I remember the muscles around it taking a long time to heal and "feel" better. I hope you start feeling better soon so that you can finish out strong. On another note...I love getting adjusted...it gives me a sense that everything is in "order" even if its just my body and not the rest of my life. :-)