Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday

The Top Ten Things I'll Miss About Life Group

1. Fun icebreaker questions that let you get to know people a little better
2. William's random comments and voices, and the face Emily makes when he does them
3. All the different perspectives we get when we discuss Scripture
4. All the laughter that happens every week
5. Jonell and Frank's weekly bantering
6. Watching married couples and parents interact and learning from their example
7. Taking a turn watching the little people
8. Learning more about listening for words and praying for people in the Spirit
9. Seeing God answer prayer and sharing God stories
10. Dave, Kim, Noah, Ryan, Becky, River, William, Emily, Frank, Sheena, Gabe, Leah, Zach, Melissa, Zach Jr, Jess, and Jonell.

Tonight was my last life group before I leave. I am really going to miss it. We talked about the second half of 2 Timothy 2, which is a really rich passage. Even though I got a little carried away on the subject of golden bowls, I really enjoyed our discussion of it. Afterwards Kim asked everyone to pray for me, which was really good. People prayed exactly what was on my heart, which I know was a leading from God and just more evidence to me of Him caring for me and meeting my needs. They surprised me with a journal that everyone had written a little something in, which is really awesome. I will definitely treasure it and use it. God keeps giving me journals as gifts--maybe I'll post that story later. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many days do you have left in Indiana?!

I am so excited to hear about your adventures at the ranch. I'm grinning as I write this, because I know you're going to love every moment. God is so stunningly present in that high alpine setting. And I can't wait to hear your housekeeping stories! You're going to have TONS of them, I promise.

1) Please hug Zig and Zag for me...they're the giant, matching black Percheron draft horses. You can't miss them. They like red apples and crunchy granola bars.
2) Writer's Retreat: Pack your journal and a thermos of hot chocolate. Borrow snowshoes from Steve and Kelly in the nordic center. Trek across the pasture to Homestead cabin. Start a fire in the wood-burning stove (you'll need it...there's no heat or electicity out there.) Enjoy!
3) Don't drive the trash-run truck into a ditch. Or, if you do, make sure you've made friends with Bill and Charlie beforehand. They'll get you out... :)

Kim said...

I love your top ten...I may have to share that at life group next week. I was definitely amused! :-) Thanks for being such an integral part of our little community!