Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Emotional breakdown

I came home from dinner tonight to find my bedroom door locked. I could hear music playing inside, so I pounded on it until my room mate came and opened it. She thought I was working and locked it "for privacy reasons." What? Who else would go into our room without knocking if she just closed the door? I wanted to change my clothes because I got soaked by the stupid lawn sprinklers that come on at the most inopportune moments. It really bugged me that I couldn't. Once Teresa got back in the shower (yes, I knocked until she got out of the shower to let me in), I burst into tears. I didn't know why such a stupid little thing would get me so worked up. I think I have just been emotionally on edge for a while--I've been struggling with discontent, jealousy and trying to learn to healthily walk through my fears--and all it took was a stupid little thing to send me off the deep end. Also, we've been close since being here, and the past few days she's been really upset but won't talk to me about it. I know she just needs time to herself to process, but for some reason I've let it hurt my feelings. Her locking the door on me was a physical manifestation of how I feel like it's been lately. Also, I don't feel as free to share when she doesn't share, and I feel like a lot is weighing on my mind. Grr, I don't know how to handle these emotions well. I know I really need someone to pray for me. So, if you're reading this, feel free to take that task upon yourself!

2 comments:

Ann said...

((Hugs)) and prayers! It's intense living in close quarters...

Kim said...

((hugs)). I concur with Ann.