Thursday, June 26, 2008

No, I haven't died or fallen off the face of the earth. I have just been working a lot. They weren't kidding when they said the summer was faster-paced than winter. It has been really, really good, though. I am so glad that I'm here. God has been moving in incredible ways, both in my heart and in people around me. I think I'm really starting to experience the fullness of healing in some areas, and understanding the beauty and sovereignty of God's plan. I have had some really awesome times with my awesome room mate, Teresa. We do Bible study and pray together. It's amazing how God has transformed her and how she has completely responded to Him. It's a reminder to me of the gospel and its transforming power, and seeing Jesus at work in her is like seeing a flower unfold in the sun.

I have been booking 10-12 hour days the past couple weeks. Now that we all know our jobs a little better and can work more smoothly, we are down to 8-10 hour days. I like this better for my health and sanity, but I miss the overtime pay. But it is just so gorgeous here that I want to soak it up as much as possible. Right now it's wildflower season and everything is bursting into color. The sad thing is that the lodgepole pine beetles have killed a ton of trees and they've had to come down, and forests are turning into meadows. It's so sad. We went out to the original homestead cabin for breakfast ride on Tues, and 2/3 of the trees were down. Very depressing.

So, I am still reading all your blogs and keeping up on your lives! Keep me posted, friends! Love to you!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Sounds busy but great! Glad you have a roommate like Teresa--how awesome to witness that. What's the summer church situation like?